Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ahhh---chooooo!!!

No, I'm not sick.  Unless it's of the rain and wind outside. That can go away now.  I've been an avid reader for as long as I can remember.  If there are words, I'm drawn to whatever it is like a magnet to....something magnetic.  Since I've started being a crafter I haven't devoted as much time to reading as I have in the past.  I've gone from reading a book a week (at least) to one every two or three weeks, as I spend most of my hours cutting and stitching (and that's when I'm not at my "real" job).  Even with a reduction in my consumption, my purchasing of books has increased. I love to buy books.  I love to stand in the book store and breathe in the aroma of paper and glue and knowledge (which smells like cappucino--at least in Barnes and Noble).  This can get pricey.  So I was excited when my mother's friend sent me a link to a site called Book Sneeze (get my title now?), run by the Thomas Nelson Publishing Company.  You can get free books as long as you promise to read them in full, and post a brief review to your blog and an online book retailer.  So I signed up.  Unbeknownst to me, Thomas Nelson publishes Christian-oriented books.  Now, I'm a good Catholic girl (wink wink), but most of my reading adventures aren't of the spiritual/religious kind, so this is a different sort of experience for me.  I don't have much interest in reading things like "Love Jesus, Love Yourself" (okay--I just made that up to give you an idea of the majority of the titles), so my first book choice was a biography of Isaac Newton, who apparently wrote on theology more than any other topic.  There is a series of biographies of people who are known for things other than their commitment to their religion, but for whom religion was a large aspect of their personalities.  This interests me.  Why am I blathering on about this? Just to let you know that if you notice a random book report here every once in a while, that's why.  In order to get my goods, I have to give an honest review, whether I like my selection or not.  So far I'm liking this one. But then again, I like knowing obscure trivia.

OK, enough of that. I'm going to take pictures of my latest creations while there is still a tiny bit of dreary daylight outside.  But because I think a blog post should have a pic, here's one of what's currently on my desktop:

.
Isn't he cute? He doesn't know it but his name is Norman.

2 comments:

  1. Haha love the random title you made up :p

    Is Norman yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish. It's just some random photo someone sent me in an email. But it makes me smile every time I see it so I put it in a place that I'll see it often :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...