Monday, April 12, 2010

Hot fun in the summertime...

OK, I'm aware it's not summer yet but my former sewing teacher told me you should always sew a season ahead.  Kind of like retail--where they set up for Christmas just after Easter.  Which means it's time for beach bags!  I'm still not feeling beachy yet, but I had some orders so here they are:

I absolutely adore this fabric--so bright and fun, with a sunshine yellow lining.


Apologies for the not-so-hot photo...


The lining is a pebbly watery turquoise...

The ladies who requested these didn't want any pockets, but they did want a nice sturdy zippered pouch out of matching fabric. This way they can take the essentials to the beach without bringing their handbags, but everything will be cozy in one spot. 

   
These measure about 6 inches by 9 inches, and are nice and squishy because I interlined them with fleece.

I have one more of these to make for my hairdresser, and the fabric is so fresh and relaxing you can almost feel the warm sand under your feet.  I'll post a pic when it's finished.

I must apologize for these photos.  The sun has gone down and I  promised delivery of these tomorrow so I had to make do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...