Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Few for Friday - #20

Do you realize in six more weeks we'll be halfway through the year already? That's crazy town. That can't be real. That also means my youngest nephew will have been here for a year. I mean....geez. What the hell?

This was a bit of an off week. Mentally I was very preoccupied. Nutritionally I ate a lot of doughnuts. Emotionally I fired off an angry email to a web-store that I have finally had it with. And creatively I made a bag. But I mucked it up from the get-go and had to finagle a work-around. I'll show you as soon as I get some pictures. Speaking of pictures, I have one photo for you this week. Skimpy, I know. But it's a good one.


The fake swans they have in the retention pond at work are meant to scare off the geese. It's been working for the most part, except for these two. My boss figured they must have laid some eggs they weren't going to leave behind, and it turns out he was right. I think the little orange flag marks where a sprinkler head is, but from this angle I like that the third gosling looks like he's carrying it.

I'm hoping next week is a bit more inspiring, and that my eyes are more focused outward instead of moodily dwelling on things that one cannot change. Cheerio!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic, so sweet! Hey, I'm having so much fun reading all the way through your blog, I'm back to Sept. 2011 now (reading from the latest to the oldest is a bit psychotic-inducing, but I figure it out as I go along. I'm too far now to start at the beginning, it would totally mess me up ;) I really love getting to know you and your family, and I'm learning somethings from you, the most important of which is this: it's OKAY to use the seam ripper. Tho I've been sewing most of 45 years (yes I'm old as dirt but 24 in my mind!), I've always felt like it was unacceptable to have to use the old ripper. You've shown me it's just part of the process (albeit a real pain). I'm making owls at this time, they're so ridiculously cute, but I must completely finish them, deliver them to my niece, and then blog about them. Sew on! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, that wee goose goes look like he's bearing that flag! Sorry about the crappy week, mine's been a little off too, but I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it's because I spent all of last Saturday shut in the loft, it twisted my mind ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange flag looks like the flags they used to sell for people to put on their bicycles. Are you sure the little guy isn't riding his trike?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...