Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Few for Friday - #34

'Allo! I must type this quickly before Z-man comes down from getting his shower and asks to "borrow" my computer. He's spending the day with my dad tomorrow over towards Lancaster County to see the train museums and such. There are some model train plans in the works that required some trips to the attic last weekend, so I don't know what will come of it all. I'd love it if he loved trains--I've always liked them, and have cozy memories of my dad's train sets from waaaay back. I dig the passing down through the generations thing that might be going on here. Anyhoodle, here are a few pics for you :)

I put this photo on my Sweet Bee FB page over the weekend. I was cleaning and organizing my sewing doo-dads. Things just kept coming out of the drawers like a clown car. Somehow I got it all back in. I have an overabundance of velcro and snaps for some reason, two things I rarely use.

My mom helped me fold and cut my yards and yards of nylon netting into strips to make my pot scrubbers (you can buy a set here--there's only one left but there will be more soon). It used to take us forever, but now we have a swell system and make quite short work of it.

 A bag waiting to be put together. It's all done now--can't wait to show you. I might not want to let this one go... I say that a lot but I might mean it this time.

 Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, but we had a little celebration tonight with yummy pastries and milkshakes. 

I'm glad I'm not the type of person who cares about winning or losing at games as I am stinkeroo at Uno. I save my competitive spirit for things like zippers.

 The moon looked really funky and hazy the other night, but I'll be danged if I could get a picture of  it that showed it well. An older man was walking by as I was taking the picture and he stopped and was making small talk. I didn't know why he was sticking around and trying to chat so I was just talking and humoring him. Then he said "Are you done with your photo? Can I walk by now?" So here he was waiting for me to take a picture and I'm waiting for him to carry on with his walk.

That's all I've got for right now, kids. Have a happy Friday! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those pastries.... wrong time to show me those.
    By the way is he out? (The Z-man)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're one up on me, I don't even know how to play Uno ;o) Hope you get to play with the toy trains soon :oD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...